I used muscovado sugar because it is healthier than the refined or white sugar, here is the nutritional value per 100 grams.
Mineral content of muscovado sugar (per 100 g):
Total mineral salts 740 mg max.
Phosphorus (P) 3.9 mg max.
Calcium (Ca) 85 mg max.
Magnesium (Mg) 23 mg max.
Potassium (K) 100 mg max.
Iron (Fe) 1.3 mg max.
3 cups glutinous rice powder
1 1/2 cup water
3/4 cup grated coconut
1/2 cup muscovado( or you can add according to your taste)
1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds
1. Mix the water and glutinous rice slowly, until you form a dough.
2. Spoon a portion from the dough and form it into an oval shape.
3. In a pot boil a water, once boiling, drop some of the raw palitaw.
4. Put by batches the oval formed glutinous rice in the boiling water and wait until it floats, then remove from the water and drain.
5. Mix the muscovado, toasted sesame seeds and grated coconut then roll over the palitaw and serve it.