I prepared this dish for a special family gathering, simple but a very attractive center table item that will surely capture the eyes of your guests and loved ones. This is also very affordable.
Ingredients for 24 rolls:
2 cloves garlic (minced)
1 onion (minced)
600 grams ground beef or pork
4 pieces big potatoes (finely diced)
3 big carrots ( finely diced)
1/2 cup minced bell pepper ( mixed colors if available)
24 cabbage leaves or more
200 ml All purpose cream ( Nestle, Alaska or any brand)
100 ml water
100 ml evaporated or fresh milk
salt and pepper to taste
1. Saute garlic and onion then add the ground meat and stir until pinkish color is gone.
2. Add the potatoes, carrots, bell pepper, salt and pepper then stir well and continue cooking until done. Set aside.
3. Boil or steam the cabbage for 3 minutes then drain and allow to cool. If cabbage leaves are too big you can cut it into two (halves).
4. Flatten the cabbage leaf then put the filling and wrap well.
5. When done rolling, arrange well in a cooking pan then put the fresh Milk, water, all purpose cream, salt and pepper then bring to a boil, when boiling adjust the heat to low then simmer for 5 minutes and turn off the heat. Serve and enjoy.
Note: If you want it more saucy just double the portion of water and cream