This is a requested recipe from few emails that I received lately, I tried to get the best recipe from few friends and incorporated it with my idea, the outcome is a superb puto flan. Try it.
Ingredients for puto:
2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup sugar
2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon butter (soften)
1 beaten yolk
1 1/2 cup fresh milk or evaporated milk
1.Combine the flour, salt, sugar and baking powder then sift it.
2. In a mixing bowl combine together the sifted ingredients, egg, butter and milk then mix very well until the batter is smooth in texture. Set aside.
These are the ingredients for flan mixture:
1 cup condensed milk
1/2 cup fresh or evaporated milk
Mix all the ingredients for flan until fully blended.
To assemble the puto flan.
1. Put water in the steamer and bring to a boil.
2. Fill each molder with 1 tablespoon of the flan mixture then steam for 5 minutes or until done.
3. Put a tablespoon of puto mixture over the cooked flan and continue to steam for 7 minutes or until done.
4. Let cool before un-molding, then serve.