"We all love the Sweet-Chili Sauce to dip in our fried stuff. We yearn to savour that sugary-sweet-piquant concoction a lot. Most popular & tastier brands are from Thailand while the lower price ones from China are not that so remembered". Try this recipe by an ingredients' specialist, Mr. Jose Dante S. Morados.
450 ml Water
80 ml cane or palm vinegar
8 grams Kosher salt
375 grams refined sugar
70 grams combination of red & green bell peppers
2 grams red cayenne pepper
15 grams corn starch
1. For multi-color presentation, head & stem cut-off, without removing seeds of red & green bell and red cayenne peppers, lay a portion or a piece of each (should they be smaller) into chopping board. Chop very finely. Include the seeds, set aside.
2. Adding little of our water, also without removing seeds, head & stem taken-off, cut into 4 pieces & blenderize remaining bell and red cayenne until semi smooth emulsion is reached.
3. Leaving about 50ml water for corn starch slurrying, pour remaining water into the blender. STIR manually with long teaspoon so emulsion will be scraped off and mix well with water.
4. Pour into cooking kettle. Add vinegar, salt & sugar. Stir consistently and bring to a boil.
5. While waiting, in a container, mix well 50ml water and corn starch until no lumps are visible.
6. On first boil, simmer down to lowest cooking temp. Add in corn starch slurry and the finely chopped peppers.
7. Stir until a bit viscous consistency is attained.
Click the link below to visit his informative blog.
Contributed by: Mr. Jose Dante S. Morados