Delicious cheesy ensaimada for the whole family.
3 cups bread flour
2 teaspoons yeast
3/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1/4 teaspoon salt
200 ml of warm milk
1 cup grated cheese
1. Dissolve the yeast in the warm milk for 10 minutes or until bubbly.
2. Mix all the dry ingredients, make a well in the middle, then crack the eggs and beat it there.Pour in the butter and milk with yeast, mix well and fold the mixture, then knead until you form a dough. Roll it nicely into a ball. Be sure to knead it very well.
3. Let it rise for 2 hours by covering it with a damp cloth.After 2 hours knead the dough for a while then slice it, make sure each slice should be around 80 grams to make one serving of bread.
|after letting it rise, the size doubled|
4. Knead each portion and roll it into a long dough o that we can make knot easily.
5. Twist it and form it into ensaimada bun, and let it rise for 45 minutes.
|the bun after 45 minutes of rising|
8. After 45 minutes ( it should be double in size too, if not doubled or at least almost doubled let it rise more) bake it in a preheated oven for 15-20 minutes at 180C.9. When it is done brush it with butter or margarine then sprinkle with a little sugar, and top with grated cheese. Delicious cheesy ensaimada.