This is very simple and easy to make so do not be afraid to try. This recipe will yield more than 20 regular size of wrapper.
2 cups flour
3/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup water
1. Sift the flour and salt into a mixing bowl and make a well at the center.
2. Put the egg and water in the well and mix together until the mixture will be a firm dough by kneading it well. Smooth and firm not sticky.
3. Let rest for 45 minutes to allow the gluten to relax making the dough easier to roll out.
4. Sprinkle corn starch or flour on the space where you will knead the dough, after 45 minutes divide the dough into halves, then use a rolling pin and knead the dough then flatten it as thin as you can to make the siomai wrapper. While still working on the first half cover the other half to avoid it from drying.
5. Trim the sides to make a big square or rectangle then cut it into siomai wrappers.
6. Then file the wrappers with cellophane in between to avoid it from sticking. This is now ready to be used for, molo soup, wanton soup, siomai, etc.
Click the link for the Siomai Recipe