Simple and easy to prepare.
The taste is very nice and spicy, perfect for curries.
Cooked by my best friend, Vince.
300 grams rice
8 green cardamom pods
1 cinnamon stick
4 star of anise
1 tablespoon butter
a little saffron
4 bay leaf ( laurel)
1. Heat the butter and saute the cinnamon stick, saffron, star of anise, cardamom, cloves and bay leaf for few minutes.
2. Add the rice then mix until covered with butter and spices.
3. Add water that is enough to cook the rice ( like the normal way of cooking white rice)
4. Cover and mix occasionally until it is cooked.
5. Serve hot with your favorite meat, seafood or vegetable dish.
Contributed by: Mr. Vince O'Malley