A recipe from a very good friend "Wildvine" . She is a very good cook and I want to share this chicken dish from her kitchen :-).
2 chicken breasts boneless and skinless
1 medium size carrot
1 bell pepper
1 tbsp water
1 can pineapple tidbits
2 tbsp vinegar
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp corn starch (diluted)
1 tbsp cornstarch (dry)
2 tbsp catsup or 2tbsp sweet chili sauce
2 tbsp oil
Dash of salt
Dash of pepper
1. Cut chicken breasts according to your desired size.Make sure you pat dry and then coat with 1 tbsp dry cornstarch, evenly with dash of salt and dash of black pepper.
2. Cut the onion, carrot and bell pepper- like the size of chicken.
3. Drain the pineapple and keep 1/4 C of juice.
4. Heat the pan, pour in 1 tbsp of oil and stir fry the veggies (carrots, bell pepper and onion accdng to tenderness), set aside after half way done.
5. Use the remaining 1 tbsp oil to saute the chicken , if the chicken is no longer pink , put in the pineapple tidbits. Lower the heat when the chicken is almost half way done.
6. In a bowl mix together all the remaining ingredients and give it a pretty good stir.
7. Put in the veggies together with the chicken and pour in the sauce mixture, keep on stirring to avoid burning.
8. Let it simmer covered for 6 minutes or depending on the thickness of the sauce.
9. Serve hot, top it with green onions with steamed rice.