Chicken a la king is a chicken dish consist of cubed chicken in a creamy sauce, this can be cooked with or without sherry or white one. I cooked this for my Filipino friends so I omitted the wine since wine is not common in Philippine cuisine. I added some pineapple for a tangy taste since I omitted the wine. An excellent dish according to my friends who ate this.
Ingredients for 5 servings:
1/2 kilo boneless chicken breast ( cubes)
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1 green bell pepper (diced)
1 red bell pepper ( diced)
1/4 cup flour
1 cup water
1 cup fresh or evaporated milk
1 cup Nestle cream
1 cup pineapple (optional)
salt and pepper to taste
1. Saute the onion then add the chicken then pan fry it until brownish then remove the chicken and set aside.
2. Add the mushrooms and bell peppers then stir until soften, add the flour and stir for 2 minutes then add the water and milk then continue to simmer until almost boiling.
3. Add the chicken, salt and pepper to taste then simmer until everything is cooked.
4. Add the Nestle cream then simmer for a minute and turn off the heat.
5. Serve hot with rice or bread.