Monday, July 22, 2013
Beef Steak Filipino Style
I like a beef steak with lots of ringed onions on it. Choose a tender meat for your steak for best result, like tenderloin and sirloin. Here is the recipe for my beef steak.
1/2 kilo beef (sliced)
1/2 cup soy sauce
3 tablespoons calamansi or lemon juice
onion (cut into rings)
1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
salt to taste
1. Marinade the beef with the soy sauce and lemon for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes remove the beef from the marinating sauce, then set aside the sauce for cooking later.
2. Pan fry the meat and set aside.
3. In a pan saute the onion and remove some for toppings later.
4. Add the pan fried beef, ground pepper, and the marinating sauce and stir occasionally,then simmer until done. Add salt if necessary.
5. Serve it hot with ringed onion on top.