This is one of the most popular pork dishes in the Philippines but most often pork belly is being used for this, in this recipe I used pork hocks because it's what I have. This is very easy to cook but you have to be patient in waiting for the pork hocks to be tender, but its worth the waiting.
700 grams pork hocks (pata)
2 banana ( saba) ( cut and fried)
3 cloves garlic
1 cup tomato sauce
bok choy or pechay
salt and pepper to taste
1. Saute the garlic and onion and tomatoes
2. Add the pork hocks(pata) until the pinkish color is gone.
3. Add the tomato sauce, salt and pepper then simmer for few minutes.
4.Add water that is enough to make the pork tender. Stir occasionally while simmering.
5. Once the pork is tender add the potatoes and simmer until tender, then add the fried banana and simmer for a minute.
6. Add the bok choy or pechay then simmer for a minute.
7. Turn off the heat then serve.