Crispylicious vegetable spring rolls or Lumpiang gulay as Filipinos called it. This is very popular in the Philippines specially during family gatherings. Affordable and delicious but usually bean sprouts are the base ingredient, but this one I used the couve leaves or collard green and other vegetables which I learned from somebody who is an expert in cooking this :-).
20 spring roll wrappers
200 grams shrimps ( removed the shell and chopped)
1 kilo pechay ( sliced thinly)
2 carrots (sliced into thin strips)
2 potatoes (sliced into thin strips)
1 big sweet potatoes (sliced into thin strips)
1. Saute the garlic and onion, add the chopped shrimp and simmer for few minutes.
2. Add the fish sauce, carrots, potatoes and sweet potato simmer until cooked.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients, simmer until it is cooked.
4. Drain and let it cool.
|Ready to be wrapped|
5. Wrap in the spring roll wrapper and deep fry until golden brown.
6. Serve hot with your favorite sauce.