Biko is an all time favorite rice dish of my family it is made from sticky or glutinous rice with coconut milk and sugar, I just add some garnishing to my biko because my Portuguese friends are not familiar with it, so I made it look attractive for them by sprinkling it with sesame seeds and putting it with cashew nuts :-).
4 cups glutinous rice
2 1/2 cups brown sugar
5 cups coconut milk
1. Cooked the sticky rice then set aside.
2. Then in a pot combine the coconut milk and sugar over medium heat stirring constantly until it boils.
3. Continue stirring until the coconut milk and sugar mixture thickens (latik), almost caramelize.
4. Add in the sticky rice and mix evenly, continue cooking until you reach the desired texture for your biko.
5. Serve it plain or with garnish like what I did. :-)