Thursday, April 19, 2012
Pancit with Sardines
I am a big fan of noodles and I like sardines too, that is why I just tried this combination and it came out okey. In my family we always do the sardines and beehoon (bihon) combination. This pancit with sardines is a good one too. You can use fresh pansit for this recipe.
300 grams egg noodles ( boiled and drained)
1/4 kilo cabbage
1 can sardines
1/2 cup soy sauce
5 cloves garlic
spring onion ( for garnishing)
parsley ( for garnishing)
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup water
1. Saute garlic and onion
2. Add the sardines and soy sauce then simmer for few minutes.
3. Add the water and let it boil.
4. Add the carrots then simmer for a minute, stir in the cabbage and mix well.
5. Add the pre-cooked egg noodles and mix well add salt and pepper if necessary then simmer for another minute.
6. Garnish it with spring onion and parsley before serving. Enjoy your food!