Wednesday, April 11, 2012
Mac and Cheese
Simple and easy to prepare, this macaroni dish is favorite of my friends, they loved this because it is creamy, cheesy and yummy! :-)
1/2 kilo elbow macaroni ( cooked according to its packaging procedure then drained) Set aside.
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup butter
4 cups milk
3 cups grated cheese ( reserved 1 cup for toppings)
1 teaspoon mustard (optional)
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 360 degrees F (180 degrees C).
2. Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. When the butter starts to foam and bubble, stir in the flour; cook on medium heat around 3 minutes.
3. Add salt and pepper then whisk in the milk and let it simmer until sauce thickens.
4. Then add 2 cups of cheese and the mustard, mix well to combine. Turn off the heat.
5. Mix the cooked macaroni and the sauce, top it with the remaining grated cheese then bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes or until it is done.