Sinigang is one of the best Filipino dishes. The taste is distinctively delicious and the vegetables in it goes perfectly with the soup’s flavor, etiheir meat sinigang or seafoods it is always delicious. Actually this dish is one of my favorites. I let my foreign friends taste it and they absolutely like it ….. a lot. :-)
1 kilo pork
3 pieces eggplant
1 radish )sliced)
1 bunch String Beans
1 onion ( sliced)
2 tomatoes ( sliced)
1 bunch swamp cabbage ( kangkong)
2 litres of water
some finger chili ( siling haba)
salt to taste
1. In a pot put 2 litres of water then add the tomatoes and onion and bring to a boil.
2. When it is already boiling add the meat and simmer until the meat is tender.
3. Increase the heat then add the eggplant, radish and string beans, simmer until almost cook.
4. Add the kangkong and chili then simmer until all the vegetables are cooked.
5. Add the sinigang mix and salt to taste. ( If tamarind fruit is available its better to use it, natural!)
6. Serve it hot.
Okra can be added for this recipe