Mmmmmmm a flavorful Chinese-American chicken dish that your loved ones will surely like. This dish originated from Hunan cuisine (combination of 3 regional cuisine in China). Orange chicken became popular in most of the fast food restaurants in America using a variation from the original recipe introduced by a popular Chinese cooking teacher Eileen Yin-Fei Lo . Some cooking procedure for this recipe are difficult to follow for beginners, so I make a simple one and here it is.
Ingredientsfor 5 servings:
1/2 kilo chicken
3 cloves garlic
1 piece onion
2 tablespoons soy sauce
salt and pepper to taste
1. Saute the garlic and onion
2. Add the chicken and soy sauce and braise for few minutes.
3. Add the orange juice, salt and pepper to taste
4. Simmer until the orange juice becomes thick
5. Serve it with fresh orange toppings.