The word LENGUA is a Spanish word for tongue (dila), so our main ingredient for this recipe is the tongue (beef or pork tongue). This recipe sounds difficult but actually it is easy to cook. Even if you are a first timer I know you can cook this right. Here is the simple and easy steps of cooking Lengua Estofada. Have fun!
1pc lengua (beef or pork's tongue) (cleaned, boiled & skin removed)
1/2 cup tomato sauce
1 tsp garlic, minced
1 pc. medium size onion
green olives ( as needed)
½ cup all purpose cream
1 cup button mushrooms, sliced
2 pcs large size potatoes
salt and pepper to taste
1. Saute garlic and onion.
2. Add the tongue,tomato sauce, salt and pepper to taste simmer for few minutes.
3. Add water that is enough to cook the tongue, (it's better to tenderize the tongue first in the pressure cooker) for faster cooking.
4. Add the potatoes and simmer for few minutes.
5. When the tongue is already tender add the all purpose cream, mushroom and olives, simmer for few minutes.
6. Serve it and don't forget to smile :)